Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hey, how 'bout a list!

without further delay I present ''MY STUFF: the list edition''. I felt like maybe it would be helpful if not appeasing to offer the reader a sampling of my packing list. I love a good list, though one that usually denotes status, like top ten largest cities or fattest mammels. though there is certainly an appeal in deconstructing something large and complete into incongruous bits and bobbles. so here is a detaild account of what I may bring to mali, I know I am probely forgetting something, I just hope that I dont leave the iron on.

Bag, 1 large green Gregory brand with lots of straps
Bag, 1 orange water proof roll top
Bag, 1, red for day trips
Cup, 1 blue enamel, speckled white
Tooth brush, 1 oral-B, yellow
Dentalfloss, 4 mini packs oral-b (thanks receptionist)
Essential oils, 4, rosemary, peppermint, lavander, tea tree, used in first aid, and smelling
Candles, 9, 9 hour burn time, just beacuse
Comb, 1, unbreakable
Band-aids, 24, hope not to use
Steel camp mirror, 1
Homeopathic spray, 1, for pain, et al
Guitar, 1, Classical orange
Guitar strings, 2 pack, martin hard tension
Tuning fork, 1, Emajor
Frisbee, 1, blue
Mini chess set, 1, black
Crappy sewing kit, 1, just because
Water broof box, 1, it rains there
Hohner harp, 1, Key of C
AARP travel clock, 1, thanks gramma
Clothes, assorted, numerous
Dr.Bronner soap, 2, for everything
Bungees, 6, for strappin'
Radio shack brand cassette recorder, 1, grey

3 comments:

  1. Very cool....so it's on! Best add a picture of your Mom bfore she reads this. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. I love your writing. And I can't imagine taking so few things for Two Years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tuning fork in E major. I get it, but your ear is good enough to ditch that. I'd pack one more pack of strings instead. One more tooth brush wouldn't kill you either.

    ReplyDelete